[aprssig] antenna suggestion?

ka7o at ka7o.net ka7o at ka7o.net
Tue Apr 13 16:34:45 EDT 2010

A 2m quater wave. About 19" tall.

Simple - make it yourself - use an NMO mount. Works on 70cm too.

If you don't want to build - just use a dual band on an NMO - works great.
have one on each vehicle. Easy to use a 90 degree bracket for mounting to
whatever.

My motorcycle has a base loaded whip for APRS. 5 watts from HTX-202 does
the job nicely.