[aprssig] balloons from Huntsville

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:42:10 EDT 2010

I know this isn't a ballooning list, but since there have been a few
announcements for flights tomorrow, here's another reason to listen
in:

Alabama Space Grant is sponsoring balloon flights for 7 student teams
(5 from UAHuntsville, 2 from Alabama A&M) tomorrow, Saturday April 10,
at the NSSTC on the campus of UAHuntsville.  Student teams will
assemble at 9:00am, with the first launch expected at approximately
10am.

Because payload weights have not been finalized we do not know
precisely how many balloons we will have, but we expect between 4 and
7.  APRS callsigns to look for are:

UAH-1
UAH-2
UAH-3
UAH-4
KG4WSV-11
KG4WSV-12
WB8ELK-11

Each payload will have a primary APRS tracker on 144.390, and may have
a backup tracker on 144.390 or on an alternate frequency (144.99,
144.36).

Visitors, spectators, and chasers are welcome.

The NSSTC is at 320 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, on the southwest
corner of Sparkman Drive and Bradford Drive.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nsstc&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.986788,59.326172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=National+Space+Science+and+Technology+Center,+320+Sparkman+Dr+NW,+Huntsville,+Madison,+Alabama+35805&t=h&z=14

-Jason
kg4wsv
Jason Winningham
Computer Systems Engineer