[aprssig] APRS software capability ideas. . .

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Apr 9 11:28:56 EDT 2010

Been there, done that, and in operation today.  My KJ4ERJ-1 / KJ4ERJ-7
IGate is Bluetooth connected from the TinyTrak4 to the server running
APRSIS32 as the IGate software.  I call it my 100 foot air gap lightning
arrestor.

APRSISCE running on my Windows Mobile phone can also connect to a
Bluetooth to serial adapter connected to the T2-135 TNC embedded in the
Alinco DR-135 mobile in my car.  That gives it a full RF interface and
mobile IGate capability since my phone also has cellular Internet and
APRSISCE contains the IGating functionality.  I run it this way on long
trips.  It's pretty crazy to see 100% coverage of the other RF tracker
in the van.

If you haven't checked out APRSISCE for Windows Mobile or Win32,
download your free copy from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/ or
read about it at the Wiki http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/start