[aprssig] APRSPad in the app store

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Sat Apr 3 11:54:30 EDT 2010

While we're on the subject of iPad software.... OpenAPRS xL is in the App
Store and available.  xL supports the same features of OpenAPRS iE only with
an expanded screen size for iPad (it is a separate app from iPhone Edition).

The latest new features of iE and xL include:

- Searchable stations, + station tracking on the built in Google Map
- Symbol overlay support
- Separate SSID supported for messaging
- Support for metric and nautical units
- Position reports send current speed and course.

Next release of both OpenAPRS iE and xL will include push notifications for
APRS messages.  You will be able to run other apps and still receive your
new APRS messages just like when you receive an SMS.  I'll also be adding
additional station details on symbol click that will include weather reports
and object creation.

Cheers!

--
NV6G