[aprssig] APRSPad in the app store

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Sat Apr 3 01:41:33 EDT 2010

I've been spending some time putting together an iPad app for APRS, and I've
submitted it to the app store today.  This application still has some growing to
do, to cover all the features that I want to support.  You can find some
additional information about it on the web at http://www.wonderly.org/aprspad.

The application will not be free.  I chose to charge a nominal cost to try and
encourage people to participate with an interest rather than just conversation.

Here's what's there right now.

1. map display (of course)
2. icon aging using alpha levels
3. messaging review
4. bulletin/announcement board display
5. APRS-IS connectivity with filters you can setup as well as just establish
    based on where you've zoomed on the map.
6. Simple weather text review with linking to aprs.fi for historical data review
7. Station data review via findu.com

There are some other bits and pieces that will be visible and I'll work on
describing them on the web site.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW