[aprssig] GM-300 speaker output

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 12:41:23 EDT 2009

Use a low ohm resistor in place of the speaker to keep it's OP stage
happy, and a simple differential input OP-AMP stage to get the audio off
the resistor.

Just musing what I did for something similar a while back, to get clean
audio out of a speech recording/playback IC.  (for a contest calling
machine)  I also used the "common mode" DC bias to signal the end of
playback.  Maybe the radio does something similar in sympathy with it's
squelch?

Or, as you say, a small audio transformer.

Does one side of the speaker have more audio than the other?  Again,
just musing.

73.

Dave G0WBX.