[aprssig] most packets are transmitted blind (was: Please, standardize UTF-8)

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:03:22 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> there are 350 other user packets flying around and most of them
> are blind transmitters that coiuld care less what they collide
> with.

Do you have data to support this?  I'm not talking about the "350"
number, I'm talking about the assertion that most packets originate
with "blind transmitters that coiuld care less what they collide
with"?

Even the "blind" trackers you belittle so much have a squelch detect circuit.

Let's keep the discussion based on reality (as much as is possible
around here, anyway).

-Jason
kg4wsv