[aprssig] Future Concept for APRS (NOT Tracking only)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 12:23:19 EDT 2009

n4lbl wrote:
> I don't grasp what this test would show.  Lets say any Cyrillic based
> language was used.  What possible outcomes would you look for and what
> would the interpretations be??

Possible outcomes:

1)      Displays correctly in the non-English language

2)      Displays as "ASCII garbage" on non-UTF-aware hardware

3)      Locks up and crashes non-UTF-aware hardware, requiring a reboot
or restart.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net