[aprssig] Wallops launch tonight

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 18 08:07:21 EDT 2009

Hopefully we will have someone putting out global APRS bulletins about the launch.  So even if you are mobile or standing outside with only your APRS HT, you can get Launch Updates via Pete's CQSRVR.

To Logon to CQSRVR for this event:

1) Send an APRS message to CQSRVR
2) Message must begin with CQ LAUNCH CQ LAUNCH text_here

This will log you in and send your logon message to everyone else that is logged on.  For the next 24 hours, you will receive any similar messages from evryone else.  Including those who have up-to-date launch info.

3) Those sending launch info, can only send once every 30 minutes, so they cannot use if for fine-grain details in the last minutes, but others with new info can.

A great capability.  Use it.  I'll be out at an outdoors barbQ with an astronomy club and so this is the only way I will get the Launch INfo.

Bob, WB4APR
Bob, WB4APR