[aprssig] ATV on APRS

K7FTP k7ftp at k7ftp.net
Mon Sep 14 09:28:37 EDT 2009

Not only is it the age of webcams, but it is also the wireless broadband
age.  You don't have to fuss with antennas, and with a wireless card or
telephone with PC data interfacing (via USB or Bluetooth) from
Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/Cricket, you are not restricted to a shack or fixed
physical location.  You get high-quality, high-speed video with no license
or antenna cabling or real mental work needed.  Plug in a USB connector and
the software comes up automatically.

We have run one remote from our Jeep a few times for special events.

Kenwood at one time had a very neat little camera that would easily
interface to the TH-D7A, but they long ago stopped that.  There isn't much
out there unless you home build it, and far too few are interested in that.

www.commojeep.com