[aprssig] Where is finland.aprs2.net?

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Sep 13 11:22:52 EDT 2009

On Sep 13, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Pentti Gronlund wrote:

> finland.aprs.net seems to be an alias of rotate.aprs2.net, with much
> increasing latency and links going off-on.
>
> What is happening over there? Somebody having an ego-trip of his life,
> or just another case of bad engineering?

My understanding is that the operator of finland.aprs2.net could not
be contacted to get him/her to upgrade their version of javAPRSSrvr to
something acceptably current, and therefore finland.aprs2.net was
removed from the system.

I would recommend that you use either euro.aprs2.net to get the
European rotation, or find another Tier 2 server that may be closer
latency-wise to you (maybe netherlands.aprs2.net or belgium.aprs2.net).

Apologies for any inconvenience, and if you have any questions, please
feel free to ask.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z) - SysOp oregon.aprs2.net
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com