[aprssig] APRS => Winlink Messaging

Andrew Rich (Home) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Sep 12 12:20:03 EDT 2009

Have you looked at a protocol called asterix ?

We use that in surveillance.

You get a little table of contents, and then you know what data to expect
next.

Example

0100 1000 - Expect an email and sms

Just ideas anyway

If i was to define a new protocol for APRS, would do something like

#0001 - Position with time
#0002 - Weather bulletin
#0003 - EMAIL message
#9999 - Emergency (reserved)

Maybe you can start to "steer" towards a message type decriptor and start
reserving message types

Andrew Rich
Airways Technical Officer Grade 4
Surveillance - RADAR ADS-B