[aprssig] Question

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sat Sep 12 08:33:54 EDT 2009

On Sep 12, 2009, at 8:22 AM, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> Using the name rotate.aprs.net (or rotate.aprs2.net) provides fault
> tolerance and load distribution.  These DNS names return one of a list
> of server IPs, and most DNS implementations will return addresses such
> that you'll get a different server IP each time you resolve that name.

Also note that on the Tier 2 level, we have a few regional DNS
addresses that may get you a greater variety of servers in your area.
These are addresses like noam.arps2.net (North America),
euro.aprs2.net (Europe), and aunz.aprs2.net (Oceania).  Note that rotate.aprs2.net
  will only get you 12 out of the approximately 50 servers in the
network.  noam.aprs2.net gets you 17 servers that are in North
America.  Check out http://www.aprs2.net/#regional for more information.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems