[aprssig] Return loss bridge

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Sep 8 13:54:56 EDT 2009

My HP 8920A has the tracking generator and spectrum analyzer options, so
if I can find a suitable return loss bridge or directional coupler I can
use it to plot VSWR for antenna testing.  I've found lots of plans out
there, but not many affordable assembled units.  Anyone know where I can
get one for a reasonable price that covers at least 140-160 Mhz?

On a related note, I've got a batch of 2 meter 'Hershey kiss' type
magmounts on the way in the next month or so, and they're coming
factory-tuned for 144.39 Mhz.  The factory's test report looks good, but
it'd be nice to be able to reproduce the results here.

73,

Scott
N1VG