[aprssig] Taking photos of sats

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 23:26:21 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Ray Wells<vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> I seem to recall reading about the use of computer controlled stepping
> motors for telescope tracking of Celestial bodies. I think a Polar mount is
> also used. I'd guess it's the same principle so a bit of Googling might
> produce meaningful results.
>
> Ray vk2tv

They exist but most of them have only one speed, that is tracking starts.
SATs are much much faster. So it is important to take that into
account at the time of looking for telescope motors.

There is always the question about movement. You focus on the SAT and
the background will be lines. You focus on the background to get a
stary night and the SAT will be a line.

Best regards

--
Neville