[aprssig] Thank you w/maps!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Sep 1 06:31:48 EDT 2009

Kevin & all,

If you'd like to see the coverage that you actually had on the trip,
I've generated APRS infrastructure usage plots from 8/18 through 8/29
(at least, the days you were moving).  You can view these at:

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/Requests/VE7WHK-14*
(Trailing * required)

The larger the final dash number, the higher the resolution.  You'll
need to zoom in on some of these to read anything.
The *-D-n.png files ignore the infrastructure and zoom in on the actual
beaconed path.
Black dots are the actual beacon positions.
Green lines with black centers connect the dots.
Red lines are direct RF communications (as parsed from the APRS-IS path).
Green lines w/o black are Digi-to-Digi or Digi-to-IGate communications
Smaller red dots are Digis
Larger red dots are IGates

Looks like you had a wonderful set of travels out there!  One of these
years I'll get my family out to those wonderful National Parks.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization

PS.  Please pardon the speed of my server.  Even the CoralWeb content
distribution network seems slow this morning!