[aprssig] Aprx v2 beta, now with Viscous Digipeater

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 22 12:00:42 EDT 2009

> The algorithm is rather simple for lone one-arm system:

I'm beginning to think we need a new term for the digipeater
itself.  It sounds like this is no longer a "FILL-IN" digi, but
one that goes both ways to fill in a dark hole so the mobile in
the hole can also hear distant packets..

Maybe we should call this capability as a "FLOOD-IN" digi?.  We
do need a separate term from FILL-IN which has been well defined
previously as only a one-way-outward function.

This new name is independent of the algorithm.  The algorithm
called VISCOUS Digipeating is a good name and should be used to
describe the function as being defined by Matti..

(though, I may still continue to call it "visious" digipeating
until I am convinced it does not add more QRM and collision
blockage to other users outside the black-hole)...

<grin>

Bob, WB4APR