[aprssig] GPS tracking how to get Lat/Lon's

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:08:54 EDT 2009

OK, I just noticed the REAL question. In short, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can use the APRS-IS without a callsign.

Now that the question has been pointed out I bet we start getting answers in a hurry! <G>

Earl

> data.  The part that I am missing and could not find an
> exact description is how can we get that data routed to us
> via the APRS network?  Are we required to have our own
> receiver/base/APRS internet hub?  What is the best low
> cost (reliable) solution/setup to actually receive the data
> from the vehicles so we can get the raw data and store
> it?  We do not want to use someone else website to look
> up the GPS data, we just need to receive the data
> streams/packets from all the vehicles in real time.

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs
Quoting from the Coast Guard: ZUT
Posted via Blackberry