[aprssig] Beacon rate/distance

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 12 09:57:58 EDT 2009

Steve makes good counter arguments for the value of SmartBeaconing and that shows the flexibilty and versatility in the APRS network.  That users are able to choose what is best for their needs for any immediate application.

This user versatility is one of the reasons why we tend to not like some proposed "smart digi" concepts that force users into only one method (must move X distance, or only one report in X minutes).  The network must remain versatile to try to meet the individual needs of the users (with due consideration to others, of course)...  Bob, Wb4APR