[aprssig] Status messages on aprs.fi

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Thu Oct 8 02:09:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Earl Needham wrote:

> I have a similar issue in that the position of KD5XB-11 shows correctly
> in Findu but doesn't appear at all in the Google Earth .kml that gets
> data from aprs.fi. I've been wondering about this for almost a week now.

KD5XB-11 does seem to show up in the .kml, at least currently.

As a little early morning exercise I've made aprs.fi show the status
message in the info balloon of the current position on the real-time map,
and also in the KML. Status message is shown in purple, and the comment
text is shown in green.

Now, off to work...

   - Hessu