[aprssig] DX-cluster Messaging?

Sergej rttyman at ukr.net
Tue Oct 6 11:22:57 EDT 2009

Hello, Bob

> We should be able to message any callsign, anywhere, anytime, on
> any system by interconnecting all ham radio message systems.

> Any DX-cluster power users that can tell us if such a capability
> would make sense and how?

DX cluster have chat (talk) options, where I can type
T wb4apr hello Bob...

And if wb4apr connected to same cluster you will receive my message.

If wb4apr connected to some other cluster, I should know which one,
if its DX1XXX cluster, talks should done with:
T wb4apr >DX1XXX hello Bob...

There is no storage facility, as I know.  I.e. user should be
connected to Cluster.

About putting DX spot to cluster via APRS message its looking very
nice! With aprs portable we will able to send DX spot if we in
expeditions to some interesting place and if APRS is available,
but if no internet WiFi access to do it in usual way.

I.e. if send APRS msg to DXCLUS, with payload of frequency in Khz
and callsign of DX + optional comment separated by space,
we could send spot to DX cluster network via APRS!

               73, Sergej
               uz2hz