[aprssig] MySQL dramas

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Oct 3 22:49:35 EDT 2009

interesting

>From DVD the installed version was

5.0.67-12:11

The online update installed

5.0.67-12:16.1 when the probs started

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Rich
  Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 4:26 AM
  Subject: [aprssig] MySQL dramas

  Hello

  I built a LINUX box for satellite tracking and APRS type stuff

  All was going well, until the box did an update

  Seems now I have no entry in the mysql.user table.

  I get the error "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' using PASSWORD: NO

  I managed to jump in without using grant options, and was able to see a blank user table.

  Can anyone suggest how to fix ? I tried uninstall and re-install same problem.

  The only way I fixed it before was to re-build from scratch, not real fun.

  I think what I need to do is get the root user back into the system

  Andrew VK4TEC