[aprssig] world.geo

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 3 11:54:01 EDT 2009

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Can someone help me out with a .geo file for xastir for the worlde please

Not enough info.  I assume since you're wanting a .geo file that you
have a raster-scan image map you wish to use with Xastir?  If it's a
UI-View map, there's a script that comes along with Xastir that can
convert it.

If it's a fresh scan, the Xastir docs should explain the format well
enough, plus you can look at other .geo files and glean the format
from them.  It's a simple format.

Huh...  Now that I go looking for it in the docs I don't see what I
would consider to be a good single place for explanations of .geo
parameters.  README.MAPS would be the place of choice to put such a
description.

What I can find:  Explanation of some of the parameters in
README.MAPS (search for "REFRESH"), and the USRadar.geo and
TXRadar.geo files that show the format.  All of these are
distributed with xastir.