[aprssig] [OT] RE: APRS Solar Power (I was wrong)

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:52:21 EDT 2009

Gaffit wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Bruninga "
>
>> But my 1 Kw 115 VAC inverter I installed in the trunk really runs
>> from the 12 VDC system like on any car, so anyone can do it.
>> Bob, Wb4APR
>
> What make/model is your inverter?  I had picked up a cheap Cobra model to
> use in my truck camper and have found the RF noise to be unbearable.
>
> What is the groups recommendation for a "quite" inverter?
>
> Thanks.
>
> 73, Todd KH2TJ/6
    I also have one of those cheap Cobra inverters, I use it in th
e18-wheeler to supply power to wall warts to charge various batteries --
GPS, phone, etc.

    And yes, it is noisy -- 2-meter SSB and the inverter are mutually
exclusive, I have to run one or the other.  The inverters that were in
the QST review are all too big for my purposes, but the general info was
very good.

    7 3
    Earl

--