[aprssig] [OT] RE: APRS Solar Power (I was wrong)

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 18:25:12 EDT 2009

I have an 18 cubic foot refrigerator freezer that runs on propane.
Have had it many years. The manufacturer's (Crystal Cold)  spec says
it uses 0.39 (US) gallons per day, but my experience over the years is
that the figure is closer to 0.25.

There are a number of high efficiency low power draw refrigerators of
the conventional type but they are quite pricey. THough my 18 foot
propane unit wasn't all that cheap.

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog