[aprssig] Careless AX.25 encoding in APRS messages

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 2 08:57:03 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Matti Aarnio wrote:

>  USER>APX195 SSID-bytes: 60,60

> APN391, APND0Z, APX195, APZMER, VP***  are unknown to me.

APX195 is Xastir.  We need to find out whether that station is using
AX.25 kernel networking or the Serial KISS TNC interface (inside
Xastir).  Also whether it is using soundmodem or a hardware TNC, and
if the latter, which one.  In other words, it could be Xastir, AX.25
kernel networking, soundmodem, or the TNC which is doing it.