[aprssig] APRS Solar Power (I was wrong)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Oct 1 20:41:53 EDT 2009

Earl KD5XB wrote...

> Bob, that sounds like a price for a modified sine wave inverter. Pure
> sine wave inverters are much more expensive. The cheap ones usually
> make RFI.

I call those "modified square wave" inverters - hi! Mine is a 3 kW sine
wave inverter. I haven't come across any RFI from it. I don't have PV
panels but may add them in the future. I need to replace the battery for
the inverter before winter. For lengthy outages, my generator is an
"inverter" type that also outputs a sine wave. While I wouldn't think of
having a non-sine wave inverter, I should mention that all my UPSs are
not sine wave! Hopefully they never have to operate for more than a
fraction of a second.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH