[aprssig] Off-topic - need 5th wheel rig in West Virginia

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Nov 23 13:57:48 EST 2009

Sorry for the off-topic post, but this is the most likely place I could
think to find something on short notice.  And to keep it more on-topic,
I'll be happy to send free trackers to anyone who can help out with this.

My parents (KK6AD and KB6VAA) made it as far as Morgantown, West
Virginia on their way to Iowa for Thanksgiving, pulling a 29' fifth
wheel, when they blew the engine on their truck (which incidentally
served them for 18 solid months of RVing with hardly a hiccup).
Replacement is going to take several days.  My uncle in Iowa may very
well not be around next holiday season, so this is an important trip for
them.

My sister and I are hoping to find someone in the area who's got a 5th
wheel tow rig they can rent out for several days, that they can deliver
to Morgantown.  Today, if possible.  A 1-ton truck with 5th wheel hitch
is not something you usually find at Hertz, though.  I'll be the one
paying - an early Christmas present for my parents if we can find something.

If you've got something available or know someone who does, let me know.

Thanks,

Scott
N1VG