[aprssig] What happened to Tiger maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 20 13:48:00 EST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Greg D. wrote:

> Did something happen to the online Tiger maps recently?  Xastir
> has been running for years on my home server, and a few days ago
> the program crashed, which it does very rarely, but never with any
> lasting effect.  When it was restarted I find a blank gray screen
> with stations wandering around it.
>
> Where'd the maps go?
>
> I tried looking at the Map Chooser, and the list is totally blank.

The recommendation to run FSCK was a good one.  Do it from runlevel
'1' so that you're not using the filesystem at the time:  "init 1"
as root to go to single user mode, then do the fsck (exact command
depends on your filesystem), then "init 5" to get back to the normal
runlevel on most systems.

After the above, try reindexing all maps.  Your map index probably
got corrupted (~/.xastir/config/map_index.sys).  Use

     Map->Configure->Index: Reindex ALL Maps!