[aprssig] USNG and APRS

Greg Higgins gs.higgins at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 31 23:16:41 EDT 2009

The USNG was introduced as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
Unfortunately, even though there is a federal directive to
incorporate this new standard into all responder and rescue agencies,
only a few have done so. Also, currently there are not any major map
makers in the US that are providing this grid. There are several
internet sites and some software programs available that can assist
in making maps with this grid. More info can be found here:
http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/

Greg Higgins KB5GLV