[aprssig] Newbie APRS object question

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Fri May 22 08:05:08 EDT 2009

Ideally, you'd just program the local digi to transmit this object direct,
no outbound path.  But since you are doing this from your home, instead of
W1-1, use the callsign of the digi you want to repeat your packet.  Then
only that digi will squawk the object and you'll keep it local.

Wes

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 15:13, <fredeckert at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies Keith. This is starting to make some sense. I am
> going to research things a bit more before I put up the object(s).
>
> I hope to find a linux version of the NET-SKED local FREQ OBJECT generator
> for APRS as described by Bob's netsked.txt document. Anyone know if this is
> out there?
>
> I am in Orlando, FL and surprisingly the local 147.120 repeater is not
> announced to area visitors. We have some great nets and enjoy having "mouse"
> visitors chime in.
>
> Also: If I set the path for the object as the digi name, WIDE1-1 will that
> cause the object to only be transmitted to RF from the specified digi with
> no hops?
>
> thanks,
> Fred KJ4LFJ

Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.