[aprssig] Newbie APRS object question

fredeckert at hotmail.com fredeckert at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 15:13:38 EDT 2009

Thanks for the replies Keith. This is starting to make some sense. I am going to research things a bit more before I put up the object(s).

I hope to find a linux version of the NET-SKED local FREQ OBJECT generator for APRS as described by Bob's netsked.txt document. Anyone know if this is out there?

I am in Orlando, FL and surprisingly the local 147.120 repeater is not announced to area visitors. We have some great nets and enjoy having "mouse" visitors chime in.

Also: If I set the path for the object as the digi name, WIDE1-1 will that cause the object to only be transmitted to RF from the specified digi with no hops?

thanks,
Fred KJ4LFJ