[aprssig] Newbie Path Question

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:40:04 EDT 2009

Do remember that this is not a 100% surefire way. I have on more than
several occasions come across people digi'ing stations that were not even
showing on my map. It does not happen often but if it was set up by someone
who really did not know what they were doing it's not out of the question.
Another issue is that quite often it may had been set up correctly but
either by a BEACON E X command that is not set up right or to 0 it may never
send the position packet.

BUT for the most part an HT and an HT with a small yagi plus your APRS
screen will probably lead you to the station.

Rich