[aprssig] Looking for an appplication ?

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Wed May 6 09:30:06 EDT 2009

You don't need a "short code".  Just publish your full international
format phone number...

+1nnnnnnnnnn etc..  Should do it?   (+1 is the US international prefix)
That number will be unique to your SIM card, regardless of the phone it
is in.

If you look at incoming normal SMS text messages, you should find the
full international number used to identify the originating phone, if the
user has allowed it. 


Dave G0WBX.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom Hayward [mailto:esarfl at gmail.com] 
> Sent: 05 May 2009 19:58
> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Looking for an appplication ?
> > Just wondering how I send a SMS text to "aprs at tomh.us" ?
> All of the US carriers run SMS-to-email gateways. They allow 
> sending an SMS to mobile numbers and email addresses. This is 
> very convenient for applications like this.
> I'm not sure how I could set up true international SMS. I 
> believe I can get a 5-digit SMS number for about $1000/month, 
> but I think that only works for North America.
> Tom KD7LXL

More information about the aprssig mailing list