[aprssig] WRT54GL -> IGATE "cookbook"

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Sat May 2 10:43:18 EDT 2009

I announced this a few months back. I needed to build another one, and
decided to try using the WRT54G-TM, which has double the RAM and Flash -
and decided to build my first PC board with CAD tools.

With Scott's help, I put together a reasonable layout in EagleCAD and
shipped the files off to be fabbed. I got back a panel of little boards
that, somewhat to my surprise, work just great! There are a few things
that could be changed for the next time around, if there ever is one.
There are updated photos at

http://www.dimebank.com/cak/k6dbg/k6dbg_igate.html

I haven't counted, but there are at least 30 - more than a lifetime's
supply for me! If you'd like one, you can have one for a SASE and
any contribution you'd care to make. Drop me an email message to
coordinate... and then you'll have to convince Scott to sell you
one of the "RT" TNC boards.

73 de chris K6DBG