[aprssig] IGATE beacon format?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Sat May 2 08:13:49 EDT 2009

javAPRS does not send anything to the network.  It is a receive-only Java applet for displaying APRS in a web browser.

The IGate adjunct to javAPRSSrvr (a Java stand-alone application completely unrelated to javAPRS) can be configured to send the IGate station capabilities packet periodically and will also properly respond to the ?IGATE? query with the IGate station capabilities packet.  These packets are described in chapter 15 of the APRS 1.01 specification found on the TAPR web site.  The use of these packets predates javAPRSSrvr and most IGate software support them in one form or another.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net