[aprssig] Kenwood d710

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sun Mar 29 10:06:12 EDT 2009

Hi Floyd
             I purchased the new D710 almost as soon as it came out.
Since then I have been using it exclusively on traditional packet
radio.
In my opinion the TNC problems of the D700 have all been fixed.

I use my D710 with my EcomScs software in the AGWPE mode. Which means
that the D710 TNC is in KISS mode. With EcomScs I have sent rather
large attachments and have not experienced any problems.

The D710 TNC now has a built in Mail box that also works just fine.

My only complaint is that I wish that Kenwood had made the D700 TNC as
good as the D710 TNC.

On 29 Mar 2009 at 6:07, Floyd Rodgers wrote:

> Considering purchase of new unit. Is the 710 now really packet capable. Can it transfer large files without the buffer issue? Does traditional mailbox work? Are there any issues still unresolved?

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       Packet:           kb2scs at wa2pnu.#nli.ny.usa.noam
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs