[aprssig] APRS protocol

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Sat Mar 28 18:10:13 EDT 2009

You are correct Steve, it is not a legal packet.  But as Rob pointed out, his software is not generating the " <>:" mangling.

It is possible that the software EA1RCT-3 is using as an IGate has an issue with the TNC in monitor mode.  According to packets originated by EA1RCT-3, it is a Kantronics KPC3(+) running 3.82 firmware which means that any IGate/client software connected to that TNC would have to be using the TNC's monitor mode (if the APN382 unproto is accurate in the EA1RCT-3 packets).  One reason I only supported KISS in my IGate software although the KPC-3(+) TNCs have issues with KISS mode also.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net