[aprssig] APRS protocol

rfinesmith at aol.com rfinesmith at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 17:33:09 EDT 2009

I am?not familiar with the ": <>" portion of the below packet.? When the packet is transmitted by the originating station, it is not in the packet, but gets added by one of the digipeaters.? I know this, because I wrote the program that generated the packet.? Is it?part of the APRS protocol?? If it is, where can I find the most up to date version of the protocol??

EC1CS-9>APZRAF,EA1A-3*,WIDE2-1,qAR,EA1RCT-3: <>:=4231.11N/00752.81W>aprs-go beta tester

Many Thanks,
Rob, AA3NJ