[aprssig] AT Trail Golden packet in 14 hops!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 24 02:22:35 EDT 2009

14 Hops from Georgia to Maine!

Tonight I finished my first cut at all the digi-hops along the
Appalachian Trail and if we get lucky in southern VA over two
130 mile paths between 6000 foot peaks, we should be able to do
the entire 2000 miles in 14 hops.

This means we only need one central message regeneration station
in the Maryland Mountains while using traceable TEMP7-7 in the
two legs.  All position packets will use the shorter non
traceable HOP7-7 path.

See the Google Earh views:
http://www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

Still need lots of volunteers in the 13 states along the
Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.  Hopefully, most sites
will be DRIVE-Ups.  But we need a local expert to fill in the
details or each.

Still shooting for either the 18th or 19th of July.

Bob, WB4APR