[aprssig] Browser object entry?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:12:45 EDT 2009

Can any of the APRS Internet sites let someone enter a OBJECT
via their browser?  Even if only privately with secret prior
arrangements?

There is a group of VHF contesters ascending Springer Mountain
(in GA) for an amateur radio operations event, and they will
have GPS but are not APRS savy nor are their handlers back in
their shacks.

I suggested that the handlers enter OBJECTS to maintain a track
on the hikers, but since it is tomorrow, they do not have time
to learn and implement APRS in their shacks.  But if we could
give them a way via a browser, then they would really see how
valuable APRS can be for them on their Dxpeditions...

We need to reach out to ham radio hikers.  Here is a chance.
Also, if there is any APRS volunteer in North Georgia that could
do this for them, then that would do it too.

Bob, WB4APR