[aprssig] emergency beacon called wide1-1 today

Charles Mills w3yni1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:19:29 EDT 2009

Actually spoke to some folks from CAP.  Gave them what I believed was the
tailnumber at the time (now confirmed) along with last known coordinates
from the beacon.

Guy I spoke to is a ham and knew what APRS is - he sent it up the chain.

Chuck / W3YNI

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Rusty Hemenway <nnn0fjk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe.
>
> This was reported several hours ago.  From FindU.com it shows an emergency
> beacon with the field as:
>
> WIDE1-1>N789PH,WIDE2-1,qAR,W9DRR-10:`tR7+{A'/"S)}KD0CVN-1 RV-9A
>

> I did not receive it directly.  Just trying to find out if anybody followed
> up on this.
>
> Jeff Ross originally posted this to the group around 9:30 this morning
>

> Rusty

Charles L. Mills
Westmoreland Co. ARES EC
Amateur Radio Callsign W3YNI