[aprssig] D700 Memory Management SW from K9DCI

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 12:12:59 EDT 2009

 Hi folks,

  I just sent copies to those who emailed me.
  Here's info for the rest of the sig for my Excel Workbook for Memory & Menu Management and real time control of the TM-D700.  Since I own the North American D700A, I can't speak accurately about operation on the other version radios, but I believe it should work fine.  Off hand, I can't think of what won't work, but I am sure someone will "help" me understand this. (:-).

  I welcome comments and recommendations after you use it.

   I have just uploaded it to the Yahoo D700 Group Files Area - See URLs below.

  A Note... As much as I dislike free software that has this-or-that additional requirement, or whatever to install, before you can use it, this does require Excel versions 97 through 2007.
  It's what I have and used and is the reason it is as powerful as it is.    It should run on Windows NT, 2000, XP and up through Vista. I've had reports of success on a wide mix of these.  I developed it on Excel 97 on an NT laptop.
  If anyone gets it working on a MAC, PLEASE tell me how.  I don't think it will  ...   but'cha never know.

No membership required to see the postings:
  BUT
You need membership to see the Files Area.  You can turn off emails and only go there with your browser (the way I do it):

Select my folder (K9DCI...), about the 5th down:
        K9DCI's Excel CAT & Beginner Guide & Mic quick guide

Please read the Features document:
        D700 CAT Sheet Features.doc
    for the Workbook itself:
        EXCEL D700 CAT vers 2-I.xls

I won't put the direct link here because :
1 – I want you to see the Info document I worked so hard to prepare, and
2 - I keep the version number in the filename so you can easily see if I've updated it in the future.  Since it will change, that link will rot.
3 - The Link appears to be broken in the Yahoo message itself, anyway.

  So use the /files/ link above.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987