[aprssig] winaprs

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 05:08:31 EST 2009

Hi Ros...

I suspect you have something misconfigured.

The -11 call, has not been heard in the last 10 days, according to the
FindU Database.  Your -9 call shows up, as just off the coast (wet) 13.4
miles northwest of Muskegon, MI!

I don't know WinAprs, but it would appear you do not have that system
beaconing via the IS (or RF) at the moment, but you do have UiView
connected to the IS.  However, unless you're on a boat, or other marrine
facility, I suspect you have your location entered wrong.

UiView uses Degrees, Minutes, and decimal fractions of a minute.  So,
52.31.45N  for example is North 52 degrees, and 31.45 minutes.    *Not*
31 min's 45 seconds.    (31.45 minutes is 31 mins 27 seconds.)    I
think the position discrepancy in your case though, may be due to
something else, unless as above, you are on a boat!..  ;-)

Hope something here helps point to the problem.

Cheers.

Dave G0WBX.