[aprssig] APRS in Garmin

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jun 30 22:19:15 EDT 2009

Exactly right.  I've been begging (and presenting what I think are
compelling business arguments) for a few simple firmware tweaks on the
automotive PNDs, stuff that likely wouldn't take more than a day or two
of a programmer's time, and Garmin so far hasn't seen fit to do any of it.

Go ahead and ask them about a purpose-built APRS terminal and see how
far you get with that.

Scott
N1VG