[aprssig] APRS Mountaintopping

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:54:06 EDT 2009

We regularly see a path open from VHEBO to VBALDI. In fact, it seems
to be open right now. VHEBO, on Mt. Hebo near Pacific City, OR, is
being gated by TACOMA after a WIDE1-1 hop, which based on the current
network infrastructure could only be VBALDI (a D700-based digipeater
on Mt Baldi, near Enumclaw WA). This is the 9600 baud APRS network on
144.350.

I don't believe there are any 9600 digipeaters south of VHEBO, but
with more interest, we could build infrastructure down to San Diego.

Tom KD7LXL