[aprssig] CQ FD shame on you

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Sun Jun 28 22:01:31 EDT 2009

Jim,

I have to echo exactly what you said.

In fact, I was starting to question if there was a change in the rules this year, based on how evangelical Bob was about the subject.  I thought just maybe there was a new bonus catergory and that was why bob was beating the war drums :o)  I went back and read the rules to see if I missed somthing, such as the addition of a 100 bonus points for a setup station.  I did'nt find anything and reverted back to my original assumption, there just isn't enough incentive to put up an APRS station for FD.

The truth of the matter is, FD is about points and gaining them to win.  Until ARRL recognizes APRS as a valid point gaining part of FD, I am sorry to say the participation won't change much.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com