[aprssig] Stand Alone WX

KB1TX at aol.com KB1TX at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 11:56:55 EDT 2009

No such problem with my Davis unit. Has worked in all kind of weather for 3
 years. Only maintenance is to remove pine needles, spiders, etc from the
rain  gage and change the battery in the unit every 3 years if it does not
get full  sun (mine is in the shade half the day), and change the battery in
the inside  unit whenever display dims.

Outdoor units are on a pole stuck in the ground, rain gage set as high as I
 can reach easilly to clean it out.

Transmits wirelessly fine to inside unit that then is wired to computer
running Weatherlink 5.6 that puts my data out on the MADIS web site.

Currently not running APRS, the packet radio is committed to AFMARS.

Art
KB1TX
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323000x1201367220/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=