[aprssig] Tracker2 display

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jun 16 18:32:33 EDT 2009

The Tracker2 has had LCD support for a while now (and the OT1+ even
longer) but I hadn't ever gotten around to documenting the hookup
properly.  I just posted some information here:

http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=LCD_Interfacing

There's no configuration, it just works automatically with the current
firmware.  Right now you just get one display - callsign, distance and
direction, and comment text.  I'll add more information as time and code
space allows.

I may rearrange the pinout slightly in the future to add a keypad.  I've
got a prototype working, but so far it doesn't do anything more than
tell you which of four keys you pressed.

Come to think of it, it'd be pretty easy to add a few more 'keys' (it's
reading different resistor values for each key) and assign them to fixed
functions like 'beacon now' or to macro functions, so you could make up
your own custom control panel with whatever combination of buttons you
want.  Hmmmm..

Scott
N1VG