[aprssig] Mobile Digi (TEMPn-N)

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 21:08:35 EDT 2009

--- Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Sorry to say, this wont work.  I tried it.
>
> ... Everyone of them always respond to the FIRST packet.
> Sure, they all wait DWAIT before
> transmitting, but the decision to digipeat was made
> -instantly- when the packet was received

  At first I thought that the idea was that each would not transmit if it received a dupe during DWAIT.  However, they'll all wait for each other!   (randomizing may fix)

It seems like a built-in paradox.
In addition, If one digi does happen to prevail with some "ideal" algorithm, how do you know if the packet will get to a WIDE, unless the/a WIDE hears them all, then you only need any one of them anyway.

Looks like a solution that simply sparks lots of debate.  (:-)

73, Steve, K9DCI